God and Science Don't Mix
In the early 1600’s Galileo Galilei
- Improvements to the telescope
- Affirmed Copernicus’ view that the earth revolved around the sun
- Catholic church took him to the Roman Inquisition in 1615
- Ordered never to talk about it again. “False and contrary to Scripture”
- He did, and in 1632 he was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy," forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest.
- His book Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, remained on the ‘banned’ list of the Catholic church until 1835
- All for describing how the planets really work
Categories | I Believe in God, But...
Filetype: MP3 - Size: 18.63MB - Duration: 27:08 m (96 kbps 44100 Hz)